Monday, November 19, 2007

New (old) Couches


Yeah baby! Okay, so this takes us back a bit, to at least the 70s, but hey, I really like them! This lady is getting all new furniture, so she gave us her entire set- couch, loveseat, coffee table, two end tables, and two lights. She saw them in a store window in 1975! She liked the arrangement, so she bought the whole thing on the spot. haha. But I love how nice she kept them for over 30 years....


And I love these two boys....


And you can see part of the beautiful tableau Jarem set up for me! We had a great argument (about, what else- our parents and how we were raised right and the other person was raised wrong- that's pretty much the only thing we fight about each time- I like fights :), and Jarem felt badly afterwards...so while I was in choir practice he went out and got MY tree- the one I had been lusting after for ages! And he got a lamp to go along with it...hmm, I think we have a better picture of it somewhere...I'll ask Jarem. Anyway, needless to say that when I got home my mouth dropped open and I was almost crying. It is beautiful, and he did all that with a baby in tow. Wow. Now we're ready for Christmas!
Oh, by the way, see those amazing paintings on the wall behind the couch? Those are originals! And nope, you can't have them. Wayne Madsen, our super talented friend, gave those to us, and I know it's bad lighting to showcase them, but seriously, you'll all have to come up and visit just so you can see how cool they are. I love real art.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I love your couches, too! I like era pieces a lot. And those are particularly cool...especially if she kept them nice. And I'm jealous that you have original art. I want some. :)